Monday, September 26, 2011

Woosh!

Woosh! It's been quite windy overnight and into today, the 
poorly staked green beans couldn't quite handle it.

If you look closely you can see the green beans hanging on the vines.
~
I picked them after this photo and then I broke out in a rash.
Green bean plants cause a rash as do peach leaves and fuzz, the spring 
sunshine causes a similar rash.
I've decided that I should wear  cotton pants and
 long sleeve shirt and a hat when in the garden. 
fft yeah right
I probably should, it would be cool and comfy and protect me
from multiple irritants but I'd ruin that kind of clothing
out there.
~
I am thankful for the bountiful harvest of green beans
this year, rash or not.


3 comments:

  1. Green beans are SO tasty! Sorry about the rash though. I get it from strawberry leaves. Lots of wind here too. My potted Japanese maple fell over but no damage done, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomato leaves make my arms red and itchy. I've been exposed to the sun all my life and now am having small skin cancers removed. I'm not sure if that's caused by the sun or if it's passed on from my parents. So I'm usually seen outside with some sort of hat anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah so there are other plants, I was wondering what others had problems with.

    Good you didn't have damage to your maple, don't like to see that happen.

    Our family in the past spent their time outside in years past, I've always been surprised at the lack of problems. I am sorry to hear you have problems from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping ~ Love seeing your comments!